This yorkshire pudding recipe works amazingly well with Gluten Free plain flour and is the perfect accompaniment to any roast dinner (especially beef)
The key to the perfect yorkshire pudding is to ensure the oven is very hot, trying to cook them on a lower heat with meat or potatoes just won’t give the right results.
- 200 ml Milk, Semi-Skimmed
- 2 Eggs, Medium
- 120 g Flour, Gluten Free (Plain)
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven to 230 degrees centigrade.
- Sieve flour and a generous sprinkling of salt and pepper into a large bowl
- Add a spoonful of oil to each of the yorkshire pudding trays and put the tray in the oven for the oil to heat up, this will take no more than 5 minutes
- Add the Milk and Eggs into the bowl and whisk on high speed for around 2 minutes until the mixture starts to turn a little frothy on top.
- Remove the tray from the oven and shut the oven door to keep in the heat. Distribute the mixture evenly between the six trays and get it back in the oven as quickly as possible (1 minute maximum to prevent the oil from cooling)
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and risen nicely.