Sesame Prawn Toast
Recipe type: Side Dish
A delicious sesame prawn toast recipe that uses any gluten free bread to give an amazingly tasty prawn toast.
- 200 g King Prawns, (Raw)
- 10 g Ginger, Grated
- 1 Spring Onion, Finely Chopped
- 1 Egg, (White Only)
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp Sesame Oild
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce, (Gluten Free)
- 6 Slices Bread, (Gluten Free)
- 5 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 500 ml Groundnut Oil, (For Deep Frying)
- Preheat a deep fat fryer to 170c, alternatively add around 500ml of Groundnut oil to a Wok and heat until a small piece of bread bubbles and turns golden brown in around 20 seconds.
- Add the Raw King Prawns, Egg White, Ginger, Spring Onion, Cornflour, Soy Sauce and Sesame Oil to a bowl and blend until smooth
- Spread the mixture onto sliced white bread (I used Genius Gluten Free bread) and then lay face down on a plate covered in the sesame seeds until coated.
- Fry the Prawn Toast in oil (seed side up) for around 1 minute or until golden brown, then turn over for a further minute to give the sesame seeds a nice golden brown colour.
- Remove from the fryer and place onto kitchen towel to drain excess oil.