This might sound like an odd combination of flavors for those new to this dish, but trust me, this one really works and is a great accompaniment to steak or chicken dishes. Use fresh peas during June/July or frozen peas the rest of the year round, both taste equally as good.
I personally prefer unsmoked bacon in this dish as smoked bacon made the dish a little too salty.
- 3 Slices Bacon
- 200 Grams Peas, Frozen work best
- 1 Small Onion
- Finely chop the onion and add it to a cold pan
- Chop the bacon into small pieces and add to the pan
- Fry for a couple of minutes until the onions start to caramelise
- Add the frozen peas and cover until peas are heated through