The best news is it can be prepared and cooked in under an hour!
Gluten Free Chicken Kiev
Recipe type: Entrée
A delicious Gluten Free Chicken Kiev Recipe
- 50 g Butter, Softened
- Small Handfull Parsley
- Small Handfull Chives
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Lemon
- Sea Salt, To Season
- Black Pepper, To Season
- 2 Breasts Chicken, Skinless & Boneless
- 2 tbsp Flour, Gluten and Wheat free flour
- 2 Eggs, Medium sized
- 8 tbsp Breadcrumbs, Use GF bread
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, Gas Mark 6.
- Finely chop the parsley, garlic and chives and grate the zest of one lemon into a bowl.
- Add the butter and a little salt and pepper and stir thoroughly to form a dough like substance.
- Lay the garlic and herb butter mixture onto a piece of cling film and roll into a sausage shape. Place the mixture into the freezer for a few minutes whilst preparing the chicken.
- With a very sharp knife butterfly the chicken breasts and open them up, lay over clingfilm and flatten them with a rolling pin, this should make the Kievs easier to assemble.
- Remove from the clingfilm and put the the garlic and herb butter sausage onto the breasts, fold them over and sew them up as best as possible using cocktail sticks.
- Roll each breast in the seasoned flour followed by the beaten egg and then the breadcrumbs.
- Roll once again in the egg and then again in the breadcrumbs.
- Place the coated chicken breasts on a tray in the oven and cook for 35 minutes.
- Serve with green vegetables and rice or potatoes.