Having invited lots of guests this year for Christmas dinner, it was essential to make the food as perfect as we could and one of the biggest challenges was the stuffing! Sure, you can buy gluten free stuffing on the shelves now in many supermarkets and it tastes ok, but we needed something that tasted amazing!
It took a while to concoct the perfect gluten free stuffing for this years turkey but after much trial and error we ended up with what we think is the perfect gluten free recipe, it has a prep time of around 20 minutes and a cooking time of 30 minutes and you can have every confidence that it will impress your guests.
This recipe will make around 20-25 stuffing balls, of course you can halve the mixture if you require less.
- 200g Gluten Free Sausages
- 100g Shallots
- 50g Cranberries
- 50g Pistachio Nuts
- 1 Eating Apple
- 3 Slices Gluten Free White Bread
- 3 tsp Dried Sage
- ½ tsp Dried Mixed Herbs
- 25g Butter
- Preheat the oven to 200c
- Wizz the bread in a blender into fine crumbs
- Finely chop the shallots and pan fry in the butter until soft
- Add the breadcrumbs to the pan containing the onions and mix well, the bread should soak up all the buttern
- Blend the pistachio nuts in a blender for 30 seconds, a few chunks of pistachio nuts go well with this stuffing.
- Slice open the sausages and extract the sausage meat into a bowl, add the cranberries, grated apple, sage, pistachio nuts, mixed herbs and mix well
- Add the breadcrumbs/onion mixture to the sausage mix and blend well with yor hands..
- Form the mixture into small (golf ball sized) balls containing one or two cranberries (makes approx 20 balls)
- Bake on a baking tray in the oven for 25-30 mins